Welcome

If you haven't received my support letter by email already, please take a minute to read it here.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday

Wow! Y'all are some praying fools. Not only am I not having stomach issues (which really, praise God because those porter potties are NOT getting any better), but also the LED screen is working!

Today was really long. I spent about 8 hours standing in the registration tent. The ground is hard mud and since theft is a big issue, I had to carry all of me stuff in my backpack (actually, Scott's backpack- thanks again). Though it seemed like we were slammed all day with people, our location only registered about 900 students. At the other locations, they must have been rockin, because as of tonight, we are at about 20,000 students! I mean, really, how incredible is that!?!?

We also had our first big volunteer meeting and about 300 actually showed up. Of course, I was given 53 volunteers to help with registration and I had 3 come. I am a little worried about the last 10,000 tomorrow, but I know that God will provide. Today I had great help from Caitlin (on our team), 5 pharmacy students from Ohio (Sarah, Liz, Kelly, Kyle, and Andrew) and three of the Harding girls (Megan, Haley, and Kelsey) and two Ugandan volunteers (Liz and James). Without their help, today would have been impossible.

At some point remind me to write about the kid that pretended to be Chris Tomlin and about how I got to tell the story to Chris at dinner. It was really funny.

Today was long. Tomorrow and Saturday will be longer. I am so incredibly excited to see the students worshiping tomorrow. I think that we are all going to be blown away.

I can't believe that I have been given this privilege. Thank you so much to all of you who have made it possible for me to be here.

Must get some sleep.

2 comments:

Pam said...

As I got up to get ready for our trip to Mobile, I realized that Passion Kampala is in full swing - lifting up
praises and glorifying God. My thoughts this am are ones of thankfulness for all of you who are so passionate for Jesus and eager to go to the ends of the earth to share that joy. My prayers will be with you thru out this journey. Love Mama

Unknown said...

Beth,
This is a thank you not from your mama but from someone who was there, who loved the concert, who saw the annointing, who was physically moved by your sacrifice. And because you made it for the least of us, you made it for Him.
It was a great evening today, and i will not go to bed b4 a post my compliments on all the volunteers' blogs. Uganda Loves you..

Mark (kampala)