Welcome

If you haven't received my support letter by email already, please take a minute to read it here.

Monday, May 26, 2008

The field

I promised pictures of the field and so I am going to try to get them posted before breakfast. It is 6:50 AM here on Tuesday. We have a full day ahead and I am starting to get tired. About 10 seconds into my morning brushing of the teeth, I realized that I had used tap water. You have never seen me spit out something so fast in my life. (Except for that one time that I took a sip of momma's cold coffee only to realize that it was bacon grease cooling off in a coffee cup. I was pretty fast then too.)

Anyway, back to the field. Here are two general pictures:



You can see what has been done on the fence and in the background you can see a women's dorm
on the right. There are also some "tennis courts" (Appropriate use of quotation marks) back there and that is where resources will be set up. Can you see all the trash on the field? In that trash, I saw several condom wrappers and another girl on my team actually saw a used one. I have a feeling that one of our jobs today or tomorrow will be to clean the field- with gloves of course.

I am try to post a picture of some kids playing on the field, but my internet connection became really slow and now I am late for breakfast. It will have to wait.

Love you all. Thanks so much for the comments- they have been a real encouragement.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Beth -
We are so proud of you. As much as Daddy and I don't like for you to be in all these foreign places we are so proud that you have the desire and determination to heed God's call and
stretch yourself to serve Him. You know our love, support and prayers will go with you wherever you serve.
And although I know that mother's words of "don't get too tired" and "slow down" will go unheeded this week I pray everyone will remain healthy and the event will be successful. Love Mama
(Joel couldn't get a comment to post last pm - He said to let you know he is praying for you)

Jess said...

Wow, picking up condoms for Jesus, that's an honorable calling. Seriously.

Unknown said...

You are having such an adventure!! Am praying for you to stay healthy this week - for your body and spirit to remain strong and well rested!
--Melissa